Sunday, November 12, 2017

Bonus Triangles

Even though my official move date was August 11, I am STILL unpacking.  This week, I found a baggie of bonus triangles.  What's a gal to do but start sewing them together!

After sewing them into HSTs,

I trimmed them to size (1.75"), and started playing with layouts. 

This little block took longer than I'd like to admit, and I didn't particularly like it as I was sewing it, but now that it is done, I think I like it.  I think I'd like it more on point with some fun alternate blocks in between, but I'll have to make a couple more first to play around with it.  There's not much time for sewing in my life right now, but a week from now, I'll be on Thanksgiving Break, and I plan to sew, Sew, SEW!!!

In the meantime, I'm linking up with Oh, Scrap and Monday Making.

8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

What a fun block! I have tons of triangles around here that I should play with some day. Nice to see you are doing more sewing!

Alison V. said...

This is a great block! I love being able to find ways to use those bonus triangles!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Cute block! Great use of all those bonus triangles. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect!! what a fun thing to do! better than unpacking anyday!

Julie Fukuda said...

Sure does beat sorting and un-packing!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like that block. I was thinking about you a few weeks ago, hoping that we'd hear from you again soon.

Sandy Panagos said...

Making a block from leftover triangles - great! It's really cute. Have fun sewing this week!

Linda said...

I sew by hand, like a machine but prefer the old fashion way. This block looks like fun. I too have just moved and finding all my quilting has been interesting. Will love this square.